✍️ Enjoy the podcast? Leave a 5-star review here :)
🎙 About The Episode
Sharon Zhou is an expert in deep generative models such as Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs). She created and teaches the Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) course at Stanford and on Coursera, with nearly 40K students enrolled in the latter.
Sharon also has a penchant for applying generative models—and AI more broadly—to social good. Some of her research is on AI for climate change & healthcare as well. She loves spending her time building generative models and thinking about how we can nurture them for good.
We talked about:
- Generative Models 🧠
- Women in academia 👩💻
- Transitioning from the industry to academia 📚
- Pros & Cons of GANs 💻
- Misconceptions about Deepfakes 🥸
- Working under Andrew Ng
- and much more…
📕 Her Coursera courses:
- Build Better Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs): https://bit.ly/3AL98hY
- Build Basic Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs): https://bit.ly/3spIEQ4
- Apply Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs): https://bit.ly/3CYIPqq
🔗 Connect with Sharon
🌍 Sharon’s website: https://sharonzhou.me/
⭐️ Leave a Review
If you enjoy listening to the podcast, please do leave a 5-star review on iTunes / Apple Podcasts – ping me on my socials and tell me who you want to see next!
You can also Tweet @EngineeredM and tell me parts of the podcast you enjoyed the most. Feel free to share the podcasts in your network ❤️